Here is your Sunday special: (These are all true occurrences from my life)
You know you’re a Mom when…
- You crawl into bed and get animal cracker crumbs stuck between your toes.
- You’ve called it a “bottom” for so long that the word “butt” sounds like a curse word.
- You only eat half the food on your plate because someone thinks your food – which is the same is theirs – is somehow better.
- The sweetest sound to your ears is the monitor after a nap that projects a quiet humming followed by a pleasant “Mama!”
- Your feet are full of crumbs and sticking to the kitchen floor … and you don’t care.
- Your husband asks how your day was and you immediately tell him all that your child did.
- You can sleep through thunderstorms complete with hail, but your child’s cough wakes you in a second.
- You can truthfully say that you read 12 books in an hour. (This was my Monday morning)
- You find yourself speaking in five word sentences “Would you like some lunch?” “We do not eat rocks” “Can Mommy have a kiss?”
- You are able to catch spewing liquid with your bare hands. (This was my Saturday)
- You can tell by the pitch of the far-off cry if it is pain, or only hurt ego.
- Spit is your #1 cleaning agent.
- You ask your husband if he is ready to go “night night”.
- You drink out of your kid’s sippy cup because it is the only thing in the car and you’re parched.
- You complain to your husband that you have a hard job and that you are tired. But you both know that you would never trade it for anything else.
Hope you all have a great week! (and I hope mine does not involve catching anymore moving liquid!)