I am doing another Sunday Special this week with more ways you know you are a Mom.
Lessons from my life this week:
- You are exhausted, ready for a nap, and your toddler is running laps around you.
- You realize that your husband is no longer the primary person whose inner life is frustratingly mysterious to you.
- You feel a sense of relief when you get the giant annoying booger out of a tiny little nose.
- You can’t go to the bathroom without a small person there to hand you the toilet paper.
- You buy goldfish crackers by the truckload… and pick up all the crumbs in the car.
- A trip to the grocery store by yourself is the best. thing. ever. And in the car you can turn the Maroon 5 cd as loud as you want. Or for some, you can have complete and total silence.
- You get kisses and your face is left with the mushed up animal crackers that were previously on your daughter’s mouth.
- You hear the sound of a truck stopping outside so you rush to the window to make sure it’s not a Fed-Ex/UPS man about to ring your doorbell and/or knock, thus ending the precious nap time.
- You bond with strangers who share your parenting techniques.
- You’re out at a nice restaurant and in your purse, you find a pair of baby shoes, a diaper, and a toy. And you’re unphased.
- You start humming the songs your child’s toys make… when you’re alone.
- You see a stain or wet spot on your clothes and don’t even wonder where it came from, because, who knows?
- Sesame Street is a welcome friend in your home, because you know it will buy you 10 minutes.
- When giving baths you come out more soaked then you child.
- You finally understand what your mom meant when she said “You will understand when you have kids someday.”