I have some lovey-loves this week, and I will do anything for the chance to make a list!
1. Drinking Passion Tea with a few shots of Peach Mango Mio… mmmm
2. That Dave is back from his business trip.
3. That I am caught up on laundry. (Except diapers, but I am never caught up on those.)
4. Lunch dates with my Grandma.
5. Reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan.
6. Seeing how Adelynn is learning so much so quickly, especially today.
7. Game nights with friends.
8. Staying up way too late watching Bachelor Pad … and not admitting it to anyone.
9. That Adelynn has been sleeping in every morning this week.
10. My husband who runs food errands for me like I’m pregnant. (I assure you, I am not!)
11. Day dates with other Moms/daughters.
12. Having a Bible study with Kate.
13. Knowing my Autograph from my favorite, Nick Swardson, will be in my mailbox very soon!!
14. Finally having the opportunity to start helping out at the church in a couple of ways besides singing.
(I always tend to make lists of 15, so this will be no different)
15. Being there for a couple of people in my life who really need me right now.
Aside from those things going on this week, we tried a couple of recipes tonight! YAY!
Before I share those with you I do want to add a follow up note to the post about Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole. I should have added that if you aren’t big into blueberries, I am sure that strawberries would taste awesome! If not better! I also think making an apple pie type filling – or even just getting a can of it – would be perfect for a Fall touch. Mmm… I’m drooling about that again.
For dinner tonight we had Ham & Swiss Casserole and Applesauce with Toasted Marshmallows. Odd combo? Hmm… yes. But it was a Winner Winner Ham Dinner at our house tonight! Lol, I crack myself up. Anyway, bad jokes aside, it was very tasty. Recipes below:
Ham & Swiss Casserole
1 tbsp softened butter
1/4 cup chopped parsley or 1 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
2 tbsp chopped onion (optional – we don’t use it)
2 tbsp mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cup shredded swiss
1 cup broccoli (code & drain first)
1 cup diced ham
1 package crescent rolls
Combine first five ingredients. Add cheese, broccoli and ham. Make a star shape out of the crescent rolls on the baking sheet. Put the mixture inside and pull crescent roll pieces over the top. Basically it will make a giant hot pocket. Bake at 350* for 20-30 mins. Mine was plenty done at 20 mins, so just watch it. The cool thing about this is that it can be changed out for different meats and sauces. If you’re in a red sauce and hamburger mood, go for it! Happy cooking!
Applesauce with Toasted Marshmallows (so I know it looks like puke, but I swear it is simple and yummy!)
Mini Marshmallows or Marshmallow Cream
Pour the applesauce into a small baking dish. If your applesauce doesn’t have cinnamon, just stir some in.
If you have other things in the oven, go ahead and pop it in to warm up for a while, then pull it out and sprinkle with marshmallows. Put it back under the broiler for a minute to toast the marshmallows.
Or – what I did – you can sprinkle the marshmallows on the apple sauce before you heat it. Put it in the oven at 350* for about 15-20 minutes. The marshmallows will toast slowly as the apple sauce heats.
And on a side note, when did my child grow up???