Here is a current update from our house.
Reading: Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. It seems to be a good book so far! Although I haven’t gotten very far in it yet.
Creating: Flower clips! I made my friend Joy some identical to this for her and her daughter – her daughter’s is smaller and it is on a headband. However, I loved it and had to make one for myself! It was her brilliant idea to put three flowers together on a clip.
Listening to: Christmas music all around! But this is a new favorite of mine this year! O Come All Ye Faithful/ Sing To The King – 33 Miles I really like how it is combined with Sing To The King. That is one I have loved for a long time. By the way, I have never been one to sing in the shower. But last night I was singing this to Adelynn while she was in the tub. I definitely understand it now, the bathroom acoustics are fantastic!
Baking: Um… I guess you could say that. My latest kitchen creation was an epic fail. I found this fantastic recipe for White Chocolate Ginger Cookies. To their credit, the partially cooked dough had a fantastic flavor!! But the first batch, I forgot baking soda. (Pictured is the dough in the sink once I remembered it didn’t have baking soda and had been in the oven and wasn’t rising)
Next is the batch that burned after only a few minutes in the oven, but they had the baking soda in them!
Last is the batch that didn’t rise, again. But they also had the baking soda in them. Their dough was very very very yummy!
My conclusion was that I replaced the molasses with a substitute and that substitute was kind of old. Ah well, anyway, lesson learned!
Here’s the recipe. I wish you much better luck than I had!
White Chocolate Ginger Cookies
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Stevia (you can also use granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½-2 cups white chocolate chips (to taste)
- 1 cup sugar-for coating cookie dough ball (We used pure cane demerara sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment papers or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the molasses, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and spices until the mixture is consistently smooth throughout.
- Add the eggs, and beat until smooth. Next, add in the flour and stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into balls (you may need to get your hands messy a bit) and roll dough in the sugar to coat.
- Place on baking sheets, and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes and then enjoy ☺!
Servings: 3 dozen cookies