Back when I made Cake Batter Mini Cheesecakes, I only used part of the box of Funfetti Cake Mix. It was bothering me that I had a partial box still… it just HAD to be used up! I found these Cake Batter Bars and adapted them to fit the amount of cake mix I had left. THEY WERE AWESOME. Have you ever had cake batter melt in your mouth? No? Okay, then bake these. Because it happens.
Cake Batter Bars
- 1 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 heaping tablespoons sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Cream both sugars, butter, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.
- Gradually mix in flour, cake mix, and baking soda until just mixed. Stir in sprinkles.
- Spread batter evenly into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and middle still jiggles slightly. Cool completely before cutting. (My oven bakes hot, so I baked for 28 minutes and they were gooey and perfect.)
If you have left over cake batter, save it so you can make some more cake batter recipes! Then let me know how you like it