Sometimes I sit back and wonder how everything is supposed to be done. I tell Dave so often that I don’t have enough hours in a day. I realized though, that I have some cheats that I use to get through my day. Some are obvious, and others I have come up with.
I think as Moms, we should be able to share our secrets with each other. I always feel better after I read those blogs that say “9 reasons I am a bad Mother.” or “New Mom Confessions” or “Things I am embarrassed to admit I do now that I am a Mom.” Because I sit there and nod, even though I wouldn’t be the first to admit that I do those things too. But I think when you find something that works, you should share with others wondering “How do you do it?!” I certainly do not have all the answers, but I do have some cheats that work pretty well for me.
1. The secret to parking: I haven’t actually learned how big my new car is yet, but thankfully, there’s a sweet spot in the garage where my satellite radio goes out. That sweet spot is also when I know to stop because my car is in the garage just perfectly. (Ask Dave how many times he has had to move the car for not listening to me when I told him to move up more)
2. The secret to getting correct change: If you are headed to Aldis but realize you have no quarter, the Starbucks drive thru lady will take pity on you when you hand her your two dimes and nickel, just so you can get your cart.
3. The secret of happiness: I will have it if no one left a cloth diaper for me to spray in the morning.
4. The secret vice: Sometimes it’s okay to have coffee shop pastries and drinks for breakfast. It doesn’t take much to excite me or my 3 year old.
5. The secret to sleep: I have not stopped using my pregnancy pillow. I am not ashamed.
6. The other secret to sleep: The Halo sleep sack. That’s how my one month old consistently sleeps 6-7 hours straight at night.
7. The secret to looking smart: Marry someone resourceful. My husband jump starts the mower with his car.
8. The secret to my sanity: getting out of the house one night per week. Or at least getting a long, uninterrupted bath while Dave has the girls downstairs.
9. The secret to saving money: do not send husband to the grocery store.
10. The secret to great hair: dry shampoo
Please share your secrets with me!